I’ve recently transitioned to washing my hair with baking soda and rinsing with Apple Cider Vinegar thanks to my friend Megan over at FamilyNaturally. She gave me the tip of rinsing with something so that your hair doesn’t smell like salad dressing!
Here’s what you need:
4 cups water
3-4 tablespoons dried hibiscus leaves
strainer and cheesecloth (or just papertowel)
storage container (mason jars always work)
Here’s what I did and it was so simple it’s almost ridiculous.
1. I went to the co-op and bought about 3-4 tablespoons of dried hibiscus leaves. Your natural foods store should have these or you can order from Mountain Rose Herbs.
2. I boiled about 4 cups of water in a sauce pan, turned off the heat, and added the hibiscus.
3. I let it steep for 30 minutes in there with the top on.
4. I strained the liquid from the hibiscus through cheesecloth and a metal strainer.
5. I put the liquid in a mason jar.
Now you have a hibiscus rinse that accentuates the golden and red tones in in hair. It can be used for either dark or light hair. Either way it will work.
When you use it just allow the hibiscus rinse to sit on your hair for about a minute. Then rinse.